Red Plum

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

For the Doubters...

This post is a tribute to the doubters, those who feel that couponing is too time consuming, that you can only find coupons for things you don't use, that the coupons are only for things that are too expensive, that you can save money by buying store brand...check out my latest shopping trip:


(not pictured: case of bottled water, 2L Diet Mt. Dew, 3 bags OreIda waffle fries)

My haul included:
  • (1) Purex Free & Clear
  • 3.5lbs yellow squash (now blanched and frozen to be enjoyed all winter)
  • (4) Packs of Schick razors, 8 ct
  • (2) tubs I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
  • (1) I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray
  • (2) bag Sargento shredded cheese
  • (2) Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers
  • (1) 12 oz pkg bacon
  • (3) Clabber Girl Baking Powders
  • (6) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
  • (2) Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup
  • (4) Hormel Chili (2 with beans, 2 without)
  • (1) Hillshire Farm deli turkey
  • (1) Dozen Eggs
  • (1) loaf Sara Lee whole wheat bread
  • (1) 16 ct package American cheese singles
  • (1) Frozen stir fry style veggies
  • (2) cans Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
  • (7) bags Temptations cat treats
  • (1) tub Country Crock loaded mashed potatoes
  • (3) Ore Ida waffle fries
  • (1) 24 pack bottled water
  • (1) 2L Diet Mt. Dew
All of the above is worth $126.14.

I paid $32.10
I saved $94.04

And THAT is how it's done. Everything I purchased is something that I need/use. I spent about 2-2.5 hours planning this trip. So in essence, my savings paid me $42.02/hour - do you get paid that much per hour at your day job? Probably not. So why THROW that money away at the grocery store?

Next time you pay full price for groceries, ask yourself again, "why am I against couponing?)

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I just came over from Southern Savers I saw you said you had a blog So I wanted to come by and say hey and let you know I was following you now!

    ReplyDelete