Red Plum

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shopping Trips + Tips - My Savings This Week

This wasn't a big week for me as far as shopping goes. With the fractured ankle, I can't spend as much time in the stores as I'd like (the doctor told me to use an electric cart while shopping and i REFUSE.)

But, I did make it to Publix last night and picked up a few things, from a shopping list I had thrown together and scored some major savings. (no picture of my purchase, it's all in my trunk as I stopped on the way to the mister's house) Check the Publix ad and matchups to see the prices + coupons I used.

I bought:
  • (3) 6 packs Propel Fitness Water
  • (2) 3.5lb bags Whiskas cat food
  • (4) Pedigree Jumbone chewies
  • (2) Pedigree Dentastix treats
  • Texas Toast croutons
  • Kleenex Cottonelle Moist Wipes, 42ct
Spent: $5.69
Saved: $42.58

I was able to get almost everything free - I only paid $1 per 6pk of Propel and $1.25 per bag of cat food, and even saved some of that with overage from my coupons. I got the Cottonelle wipes for free due to a surprise coupon for a free tub in yesterday's mail from a promo I signed up for months ago.

How did you all do this week?


Finally, a couple of tips:
  • Couponing can get frustrating when you first start out. You see all of these great deals that you could use, but you don't have the coupons for the match ups. A way to keep from getting discouraged - keep your receipts. These receipts reflect your savings and you can compare your first month's savings with subsequent months to see how far you've come!
  • There are lots of great coupons and promos online, you just have to sign up for them. The downfall - an full email inbox. Create a free email account and use it exclusively for when you sign up for online coupons and promos. Make sure to check it regularly so you don't miss out on great exclusive offers!

No comments:

Post a Comment